Thank you for making Roadkill Goldfish one of the top blog sites on the Internet. It’s been a crazy week behind the keyboard. Here are a few numbers to measure the insanity:
- Dear Daughter had more than 4,052,000 viewers.
- The post generated more than 1,800 comments from around the world – minus those that had to be deleted for foul language. (I’m a family-friendly blogger.)
- Feedback was overwhelmingly positive, and the message resonated with parents and grandparents. A few folks disagreed, and a few missed the entire point. Ya can’t win ’em all.
- The blog was accessed by countries all over the globe. The Top 12 viewers were the U.S., Canada, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates and Germany. (Yeah, I myself freaked out over United Arab Emirates!)
- I was a live guest on Piers Morgan Live and Fox and Friends. I was also interviewed by Good Morning America, BBC and Fox 5 New York.
- The post itself was read on countless radio stations across the country. I did interviews with stations in Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Tennessee, North Carolina, Oregon, California, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- It’s not about the money. The post and all the surrounding activity led to 0 job offers and $0, but it was great to start an international dialogue on parenting and reminding our girls of their value. It was also great to get thank you letters from many teen girls.
I hope that you continue to follow Roadkill Goldfish in the future. You’ll discover that I am actually a very decent human being with a quirky sense of humor.
Thank you again for all your support.
I welcome your feedback, but I will not tolerate personal attacks.It’s okay to disagree, but be respectful. Attack the issue, not the person. Vulgarity, racism, religion bashing, slams about sexual orientation, name calling, advertisements and generally being a jerk to others will send your comment to the trash bin.
So play nice.